I'm about to run a marathon

/
0 Comments
The Irving Marathon is next Saturday!
 I have had a really solid raining cycle- good distances, good workouts, and injury free, but I'm feeling nervous and excited for the big day. I really like the progression of training and hope I can flip the "competitor" switch next week. 
Brice's run this morning was 10 miles by himself and his average pace was 7:30. He is getting faster every week and is always checking Strava, or the nike website. I love it and am so proud of him. 
Here's what my last two weeks of training looked like. I peaked at 23 miles three weeks ago and have started tapering off last week.

Monday: 7 miles and insanity
Tuesday: 11 miles and insanity (aveage pace of 7:08)
Wednesday: 7 speed miles
Thursday: 10 miles
Friday: 5 easy miles
Saturday: 15 miles at average pace of 7:30
Sunday: rest day

Monday: 8 dreamy miles outisde
Tuesday: 12 miles (2 warm-up and then 10 mile wave @7:08/ @6:40) back and forth
Wednesday: 7 miles easy outside
Thursday: 6 miles at 7:08 pace
Friday: 6 easy miles
Saturday: 12 miles (miles at 7:30, 7:19, 7:08, 6:58) repeated 3 times through


You may also like

No comments: