our race weekend

/
0 Comments
This weekend was a rare treat! We were kid-less for Friday night, carbo-loaded on the yummiest pizza, and raced Saturday morning. 

Brice and I got to the race just 10 minutes before the start time so I was a little panicked but we just went with it. I made it to the starting line with about a minute to spare and off I went. The marathon started ten minutes before the half. I was able to see Brice once along the course and that was totally fun! I had a solid race until mile 21 and then my quads were just so tight and achy and I just didn't have the energy I should have. I kept going along, but was bummed as my pace went from solid 7:10s to 7:50-8:20 minute miles. I finished in 3:19 and placed 1st in my average group and 2nd women overall. I was the 8th finisher out of 140?

Brice finished the half marathon in 1:45 which was 7 minutes faster than his Thanksgiving half. We both ran slower than we trained for but its alright. After hanging out in Irving for a while we headed home, barely made it up all our stairs and enjoyed warm showers and naps until we went to pick the kids up. We missed having the kids around but at the same time I didn't miss them at all. I really hope that doesn't make me a bad mom.





A big thanks to my cousin, Lisa, and her husband Ryan for watching the kids for us. I'd really like to run another marathon, faster this year, but I can barely walk or squat right now so I'll give it awhile to decide on anything. 
And a big shout out to my friend Andrea for finishing her first half under her time goal! It was fun to spend time with them on Saturday!


You may also like

No comments: