our weekend

/
0 Comments
This weekend was a good one. I was up early on Saturday morning to get my 19-miler run done. It went great. The air was cool and crisp, the sun warmed me up just right, average pace of 7:19/mile, and only this morning am I feeling a little stiff and sore.

After Brice went for a short run we packed a lunch and headed to the Dallas Arboretum. We've been there a handful of times now, but we've never made it over to the Children's Garden.
 Hazel and Henry both loved all the little gardens and activities. Going out with two kids, now that Henry is so busy is definitely a two parent tag-team thing. We usually assign ourselves a kid to watch and play with and then switch later on.

The rest of Saturday was spent playing at the park and taking advantage of some Chipotle coupons we got for a free meal! 

On Sunday, Hazel gave her first primary talk and did great! She was definitely enthusiastic and we had practiced enough that she was able to put some spunk behind it. Her assignment was "Heavenly Father speaks to us through the prophets."It's fun watching her and the other Sunbeams in there. Those primary teachers and leaders sure are patient!

It was my first Sunday fasting since being pregnant with Henry. I forgot what that's like and my run the day before didn't help at all. I really was so thirsty all day!

A friend went out of town and left me her Jetta to drive for the week and its made me all sorts of nostalgic. and so grateful! I have an interview tomorrow to teach fitness classes at our apartment complex so wish me luck!

Happy Birthday Dad!




You may also like

No comments: