let them play

/
0 Comments
We went to the Arboretum this week- I planned to stay for a couple of hours and get through several activities but we found ourselves in one little garden and we never moved on. The kids have played in here before but we usually move along after a few minutes and before things get too dirty (there's sand and water which is really just a messy combination, right!?)
Hazel and Henry both played in the sand for almost an hour and yes they were filthy but totally engaged in it. 


Then Henry moved over to the water feature and my first thought was that I didn't bring a towel or other clothes so he shouldn't play. But then he ran through that water and his face lit up. I said whatever and watched him soak himself head to toe. He was alive and playing and loved all of it. 



Sure we had to undress and ride home in only a diaper and sure we didn't move on to other fun parts of the Children's Garden but I was content just watching them both play. I realized I probably hurry ourselves through activities just a little too quickly. That was a great morning.



You may also like

No comments: