marathon training

/
0 Comments
I have only 7 more weeks until the Irving Marathon. I'm starting to see the training and long runs improving and it is getting me excited for racing! I think I prefer the weeks of training and progression than the actual race though.
Today I ran 20 miles at an average 7:32/mile pace. My race pace is a little faster so this felt pretty good and comfortable except I talked to a friend for 16 miles and that was a little bit more tiring, but  I loved the company.
This weeks workouts:

Monday: 13 miles- 8 in the AM and 4 in the PM. Mostly I needed the stress reliever that night
Tuesday: 10 miles (5 were fast at 7:08 or faster)
Wednesday: 8 Yassos
Thursday: 8 progression miles
Friday: 4 miles in 31:40 (pace 7:01)
Saturday: 20 miles in 2:30 (pace 7:32)

The only thing to complain about is I just don't feel like I get enough rest and time off my feet after my long runs, which is probably because I have two kids and errands to accomplish with on my day with the car. Hopefully things keep going well!



You may also like

No comments: