confessions

/
0 Comments
1. I've always always loved kids and couldn't wait to be a mom, but this week has made me think back to all my years of babysitting and think- that didn't prepare me at all! 
BABYSITTING- I got paid, got to be in someone else's home (usually admiring decor and bedding and the well stocked fridge and pantry.) was all about projects and crafts and could deal with any mess or tantrum because I knew i was only there temporarily. 
MOTHERHOOD- I don't get paid, and even though I wish I could  I can't make side money to even save for the frivolous things I want. My day is never really done because someone is teething or has a bad dream, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded still, and the laundry- as soon as its don't dirty socks get thrown in.

2. Last Friday I really wanted the car because Hazel had been invited for two different play dates and in my head I saw hours of quality mama and son time doing errands and just relishing time with ONLY one babe. Those daydreams came true- even if it was only grocery shopping and returns BUT the almost 3 hours of car time for the day totally made it not worth it. 

3. I like cooking and happily make dinner almost every night but sometimes I wish I could tell my family members- were having salad and popcorn because that's what I want. I would probably like to do that several times a week actually.

4. I find myself "texting, calling, talking out conversations" in my head that I think I'm actually doing in real life. At the end of the day I realize I still didn't text Liz back, or no- I never actually called my mom.

5. Marathon training is my thing. It gives me hours alone, pushing myself physically and mentally and I'm loving it. 

6. I've changed my nail polish almost weekly since watching Fixer Upper on HGTV. I just love how down to earth Joanna is (just like the rest of America has a girl crush on her) and I can't help but notice her nail polish and then whip out mine the next day. Even Brice noticed.

7. I already miss nursing. I miss the sit down time, the good hormones, and the metabolism. On the other hand I'm back to wearing my cheap target sports bra and that feels good!


You may also like

No comments: