someday it will be funny

/
0 Comments
Last night for Family Home Evening we decided to go to the library to bring some books home for the week. Pretty routine but then as we drove by the library and saw the parking lot completely empty we remembered it was a holiday! darn.
So off to Half-Price books for some daddy-daughter story time. We had a fun time. When it was about time to get going we smelt a poopy diaper from Hazel so off to the car we went. As I put her in her carseat and reached my hand underneath her to grab the buckle that she was sitting on I was instantly mortified. I pulled my hand out and it was covered in poop! I pulled Hazel out of the carseat to realize that it was completely up her back and covering the carseat.
 It was really gross...too many raisins the last few days I guess :)

I made her stand up in the trunk of the car to strip her down and put a new diaper on her- but it was about 30 degrees and she was freezing standing there with no clothes on, so we just put a clean diaper over her messy one and borrowed Henrys warmest blanket. Luckily we live 1/2 mile from the bookstore so we just buckled her up with a real seatbelt and headed home. 

I cleaned up completely, Hazel took a bath, and her clothes and the carseat went in the wash. Everything is clean this morning and good as new, but I couldn't help but think one day (probably pretty soon) Brice and I will laugh at this little experience, but for now Hazel gets no raisins and maybe I will just put an extra outfit for both kids in the car.

Sorry, but no pictures!


You may also like

No comments: