half marathon recap

/
0 Comments
Brice ran his first half- marathon! 
I say first because he's already told me he wants to do another one soon. My heart could seriously burst.

Brice and I ran the Thankful 13 in Lehi, Utah on Thanksgiving morning. It was a very chilly 25*. I was planning on wearing my Columbia coat until mile 2 and dropping it off at an aid station but I wore it the entire time. It was so so cold! The course was mostly through residential neighborhoods and on the Jordan River Parkway Trail- it was great! 

I PR'd and ran a 1:32 and Brice ran a 1:51. I know we could have both run a little faster if we weren't so cold.
I ended up being the 5th women's finisher out of 641 and overall the 28th finisher. I got a fancy medal that I'm pretty sure got left in Utah. oh well!


Kris, Jared, and my mom all ran the 5K and they did it faster than they each said they would. It was a fun morning doing that as a family- everyone else babysat and started cooking!! 



You may also like

No comments: