tender mercies

/
2 Comments
The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” 
(David A. Bednar, April 2005 general conference).

It's only Tuesday but this week has already been full of small, tender mercies from the Lord. 

1. We have really enjoyed moving to Dallas but are still having a hard time making friends that we just click with. Well on Sunday we returned to church after our vacation and two friends and their husbands we knew from Provo are now members of our ward! They're both only here for summer internships but I was so happy to have familiar faces and catch up with friends.

2.  One of those dear friends, Liz, watched Hazel so I could go run an important errand and then picked me so I didn't have to walk home. I know that is such a simple thing, but the original plan involved me taking Hazel and then walking the 4 miles home with her. We probably would have made the walk just fine, but it was a tender mercy to me to have a ride/babysitter.

3. And now, the Jetta. After moving to Texas we knew we would have to re-register our car, get new licenses, etc.. but our dumb check engine light turned on a few weeks ago again. We looked up the code and its not a serious thing but it is expensive to repair. I was dreading the costs of repairs because without them we wouldn't pass the safety & emissions tests. 
Plus, Brice needs the car to get to work everyday so when we could actually get the repairs done was stressing me out as well. 
...Starting today through the rest of the week, Brice has a company-wide training and was able to carpool with a neighbor friend. They don't usually work at the same location but it worked out this week. Well guess what?!? The check engine light was off last night so I told Brice I'd take it in first thing today. Hazel and I waited anxiously in the lobby of the mechanic and guess what it passed! Woo-hoo! 
I started to realize how big of a deal I was making out of a little thing and was kinda getting frustrated with myself for doing that, but then... two miles on the road after the inspection and that dumb light showed right up! 

I couldn't help but cry immediately, because i know its no coincidence. This is the second time in the last two years that we have prayed for that light to turn off just to pass safety & emissions  and it does- and then after the inspection it turns right back on.

4. Last of all, because of Brice's company training and carpooling dealio- I get the car this week! It has been so much harder for me to be at home all day without a car than I had anticipated, so this is such a blessing! Hazel and I got the inspection, registration, and grocery shopping done this morning and we have play dates and splash-pads to visit the rest of the week!


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy (and a little jealous) that you and Liz connected! What a blessing for you both! Such awesome women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoo-RAY for Tender mercies! I know how hard it can be to just have one vehicle. We did that the last year Taber was in school and he commuted up to Salt Lake to work! I did do a lot of walking, but Texas heat is a bit different than Utah heat! :)

    ReplyDelete