What a Week!

/
0 Comments
Yesterday I walked to school pushing Hazel in the stroller. I pushed with only one hand as I tried to hold a bottle in her mouth with the other hand. If it fell out she cried hard- but I couldn't stop to feed her or I'd be late for my class. I finally got her dropped off to Brice, who is watching her while he is supposed to be "working" on campus. 
During my class, (ironically Stress Management) the teacher started the class with these scriptures:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

The tears started streaming down my face. This week has been hard. I have felt like everything that could have gone wrong has- but I was so quickly reminded- we are never alone. We are tested and tried but have been invited over and over to turn to the Lord.

After class as I started walking home. I only made it halfway across campus when Hazel started crying. I picked her up out of the stroller, held her against me and tried to get her to calm down. An older gentlemen, probably a religion professor stopped next to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He said "We don't see as many mothers on campus as we wish we did. You're doing a great job- I know its not easy." Instantly I was tearing up again. 
This week has been hard. 
Tuition costs, car problems, a new year of insurance costs, car registration, no babysitter, pushing a stroller in the snow...I could go on and on. I have cried hard everyday. I wonder if all the effort I'm giving to try and be a student is worth it- when we can't even afford the costs of the certifications I need. But these two experiences yesterday reminded me as much as BYU is an accredited college- I am not there only to take classes and graduate. We are there to learn to be guided by the Spirit, to serve others, and to be progressing towards perfection. 
I have a feeling this semester is going to be hard, through and through, but I write this post to remind myself this time in my life is more than studying and passing exams, it is to grow closer to our savior and loving Heavenly Father.

So to anyone else that has had a rotten day, hard week, or can't see the light at the end of the tunnel- come unto Christ for rest and a lighter burden.

   




You may also like

No comments: