St. George Recap

/
1 Comments
This weekend was a dream. 
Brice and I drove down to St. George Friday afternoon after school and work. We  I carbo-loaded at Olive Garden with lasagna, salad, and too many bread-sticks! We headed over to the EXPO and picked up my bib! Bib number 3964. After dinner and the Expo we headed over to the Condo and felt like we walked into a dream. The condo belongs to some friends of the Wrights that just happen to be one of the owners of Tai-Pan Trading. Loved the king size bed and everything else cute and cozy. Finished the night with candy and Skip-Bo!
Saturday morning we got up and ready for the race. It stared at 9:00 am on the dot. My goal was to finish around 1:35. My last half-marathon last October was 1:44. PR? The route was filled with hills, it drizzled and then poured rain, and I came in right on the dot 1:35:22. I was so excited when results went up and I was 2nd in my division and 18th woman overall.



At mile 11 I was totally surprised when I saw my parents there with Melanie, Kris, and Brice. It made my day and they had water and rolos for me. Not a good mid-race snack by the way :)
The rest of the day was spent eating Smashburger, attending the temple, hot-tubing, and more games with the Wrights. I'm so grateful for this last weekend and the opportunity to run well and be spoiled by family!
Now were back in town and really looking forward to a busy week of school, jobs, internships, and everything else that keeps us busy! -Breann


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive Breann! That sounds like a really enjoyable weekend you two had there. Wish we could have come and played too!

    ReplyDelete