when it all feels hard

/
0 Comments
I can barely keep my eyes open and it's 1:30 on Friday afternoon. This week has been long and overwhelming. 
I took on potty training Henry, and while he is mostly getting it 5 days later, it doesn't bother him when he is wearing wet underwear so that is becoming a major obstacle to fully getting it. We stayed home way too much this week, watched other people's kids, and did so much laundry. Today we made it to two stores and the library with no accidents and just potty breaks though.

I think I'm still recovering post marathon because I just feel on edge and tired all day. Exercise is such a mental release for me, but when my body is sore it's hard to hold back and recover.

 Brice has been applying to jobs, and interviewing, and scheduling fly outs, and waiting for more news all week too. I've spent too much time googling " things to do in...." and checking zillow to get informed on the rental and housing market. I even came home from teaching pilates still frazzled and quit my job. I'll teach through May but then I need a break. I like earning that extra money and it's making a difference in our savings but at the cost of my energy and mental sanity. 

The majority of my calling is done the last week of each month too. 
I know I need to be better at not letting the things happening around me, instantly overwhelm me. I know potty accidents are part of the process and probably will be for the next few weeks, but I'm tired and feelign emotional about lots of things.

It's Friday though- groceries are bought, sheets are washed, and the sun is out. I can do it, and it can even be enjoyable right!?


You may also like

No comments: