welp, now it's December

/
0 Comments
I'm not quite sure how a whole month got away from me- but it did! Let me try and back-track a little bit. 
1. Thanksgiving 
The Hacketts came to visit for Thanksgiving and we had such a good time with them. The kids loved having cousins to play with and show them all about the Lakes where we live.  We had BBQ brisket, chicken, and smoked turkey and then I made a few veggies and sides to complete our feast. 
We loved showing them around the city- Klyde Warren, the trolley downtown, White Rock Lake, the Allen Natatorium, and Central Market. That seems to be a favorite of all our visitors. They even took us to a Japanese dollar store called Daiso.

2. The Ortons come to visit
Some of our very best friends from Dallas moved to Irvine, CA this summer. They were in town for a quick work trip and I got to spend the day at lunch with girlfriends and window shopping at the mall together. It felt so good to pick up where we left. I miss Nikki and her twin babies a lot! We had Pizza with them for dinner and then said our goodbyes until Christmas.

3. A California Christmas
We are heading to California for Christmas this year with my family. I haven't been home in a long while so I'm excited! My parents have been working on a major renovation so I know they're excited to show off the progress at the house. I'm excited to see the tree decorated, walk down Gingerbread Lane, get Golden Spoon with my sisters, an run in the sunshine! 

Our month has been busy with family announcements, our family pictures, teaching Pilates, starting to job- hunt, church callings, and trying to keep runny noses wiped. I've been feeling a lot of things lately, and sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and say "this is too much- I'm not okay with the state of things" but then as I go to bed each night I cannot help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude. I'm surrounded by little people who love me and need me and a husband who is grateful for what I do all day.



You may also like

No comments: