potty-trained

/
1 Comments
It was a long week but we did it! 
Hazel is 100% wearing big girl panties and doing great! 
We followed the 3-day method and Monday and Tuesday were exhausting, repetitive, and full of accidents. She begged to wear diapers until she was in tears and Brice and I spent a lot of time sitting with her telling stories and singing songs. Poor Henry had to sit in an empty bathtub with toys a lot too! (He just wanted to be close to me.)  On the third day she had no accidents and told me that she needed to go every time. That was a first! She's had a few accidents at night and the first time we went out of the house, but now she's really doing great! We've gone cold-turkey on diapers and I'm not looking back! I am so proud of Hazel for adjusting quickly and so grateful for words of advice and encouragement!

Things that helped:
- Calling people on the phone for extra praise.
- Really making the distinction that diapers are for babies.
- Not making her feel bad for accidents.
- An app called potty time
- Keeping a water bottle in the bathroom


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Good to know... I'm trying to gear myself up to Potty Train Calithea. We ask her on a daily basis if she's ready to use the big potty and she always tells us no. I think we just need to set a date with her and say this is when it's going to happen!

    ReplyDelete