the good, the bad, and the ugly

/
7 Comments
The Good
- Snow days! We've had three snow days int he last two weeks where the city of Dallas sort of shuts down and Brice has to work from home. Hazel loves waking up and seeing the snow outside the window!
- Henry is waking up only once or twice a night, so if I go to bed by 9:30 I get a 6 hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep!
- We're getting away this afternoon for a quick weekend trip with friends to Houston. 
- Running every morning is getting easier and feeling more enjoyable.
- So glad my friend Liz lives so close, it's like Provo days where you can just go next door to your neighbor and chat and borrow butter :)
- Hazel has been so fun lately! She's busy, curious, chatty, and so thoughtful. 
- Henry and Hazel both nap EVERY DAY from 12 to 2 or 3:00 and it is wonderful!

The Bad
- I am so over not having a car. I am having a hard time appreciating being "a stay at home mom" when I literally feel like "a stuck and locked up at home mom." I know its been worse because of the cold, gloomy days but really- Its been almost a year and we've got to figure this out.
- Being stuck running inside most of the week.
- Online shopping or window shopping every afternoon during naps.

...and the Ugly
- My fear of potty training. I just need to buckle up and do it but I keep hoping she'll just wake up one day ready to do it on her own.
- Tuesday afternoon- Hazel, Henry, and I were all crying at the same time.
- Henry and Hazel are sharing a room so when he wakes up at 5:30 for a feeding and she wakes up for the day. It's so hard to start the day that early!
- I've bought and returned two pairs of running shoes- I am in desperate need for new ones and am having a hard time finding the right fit! I don't know what the deal is






You may also like

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that book! So many great ideas for both the home or as gifts.
    Hope you are having more "good days"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwenivere keeps asking for snow. ;) We haven't had any snow here in Houston. We were a single car family Taber's last year in school... It was hard. I like knowing that if I want to go somewhere, I can. Don't stress the potty training. Stress is worse than two in diapers... And I had three in diapers for a short time. Potty training was such a battle with Gwenivere and I think it's because I started too soon for her (at age 2). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I think you're totally right about the potty training- al kids end up potty trained so I probably Gould just put it on the back burner for now. It's just hard when so many people give input/their opinion ;)

      Delete
  3. ^^ My opinion is that you should wait until she's ready ;) but really, do whatever is best for your family. They aren't the ones who would have to scrub pee out of the carpet. And what'd you do in Houston??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just offered my opinion so you'd have an opposing one to follow.

      Delete
    2. And I just offered my opinion so you'd have an opposing one to follow.

      Delete
    3. I love you so much- we just went to the rodeo and stayed at a friends home in Magnolia. We weren't really close enough to come pop by, so expect us next time!

      Delete