anytime now, baby boy!

/
0 Comments
Well my due date has come and gone...again! 

I so wish I was one of those women whose water breaks at 37 weeks and they can just have their baby safely and be done with pregnancy a few weeks early! I can honestly say that some days I'm still really comfortable and fine with being pregnant and some days I'm on the verge of tears all day because this basketball under my shirt feels like its going to break my entire ribcage! 
dramatic?!

Yesterday I had my 40 week (+3 days) appointment and got to see our little guy during a routine ultrasound to check movement, size, fluid levels, etc... it is amazing- THERE is actually a baby in there! Sometimes it is so hard to wrap my mind around how a baby really grows from cells to an entire human being, and the fact that it all happens inside of me while I live my everyday life!
Anyways, he's doing great in there- he flashed a few smiles and made it clear that right now he's happy as can be in there- but I keep telling him he is so welcome to join us out here anytime!


As of right now, I'm being induced Friday morning at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. We're looking forward to my mom flying in on Friday too (so she might actually be here for his birth) and am so grateful for good friends who have done a great job at keeping me busy/distracted and who are so quick to help and are planning on watching Hazel for us. 

I still hope I go into labor before Friday but I doubt I will. Yesterday was my last run of this pregnancy- 4 miles on the treadmill- and now I'm just walking outside and enjoying the beautiful weather we've had. I hope exercising all of pregnancy shows its benefits during labor/delivery/postpartum- but mostly I'm just really looking forward to meeting this little guy. 



You may also like

No comments: