20 weeks with baby #2

/
1 Comments
Thank you all so much for the texts, calls, and love sent our way! 
We are very excited and honestly kind of overwhelmed with the thought of another baby! I can't help but laugh out loud because Brice and I both want several more kids, but pregnancy is uncomfortable and motherhood is a lot of work!

This pregnancy has had a lot of similarities and a lot of differences than my first. 

Things that are the same:
- I still am relatively small, but its just because I carry so low (but no complaints from me about this)
- I still have gained a surprisingly amount of weight in the early weeks 
- I'm up 11 pounds already but trying to not even worry about it
- Exercise is enjoyable and easy (knock on wood)
- I'm actually running more this time around but I'm not teaching Pilates so maybe that adjusts for the extra mileage (averaging 50-55 miles a week)
- My longest run has been 13 miles and I do it every two weeks
- My chest has grown fast and guess what- I still don't like it! I like being flat-chested ;)
- Foods that I've enjoyed: turkey and Swiss sandwiches, apples, milk duds?!? and CHEESE
- I felt the baby move at week 18 for the first few times and am feeling him regularly now but mostly after I eat a meal.

Things that are different:
- With Hazel, I hit 6 weeks and just felt terrible with nausea and vomiting. This time around week 6 came and went, 7, and 8, and nothing. Around week 9 i started being nauseous in the mornings/afternoons but never threw up more than once a twice.
-The nausea was totally gone by week 14.
- I am so tired still! I cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open past 10:00 am and sneak a nap in every chance I get. I do get up early to run most mornings though 6:20 am...It's week 20 now and I still don't have the flood of energy back.
- I have broken out so much more on my face this time around :/
- We kept our good news to ourselves a lot longer and honestly nobody in Dallas still knows I'm pregnant except for friends I see regularly.
- My favorite treat; plain M&Ms haven't been touched since week 5-- peanut M&M's were enjoyable for a little bit, but sweets are just to sweet. Chocolate doesn't taste right and the thought of ice cream makes me want to gag. I still have sweet tooth but nothing sounds good so it gets passed over almost every craving.
 - I'm still running relatively "fast"- with Hazel my pace slowed down right away and there was nothing I could do about it. Right now I'm running between 7:15 and 8:45 minute miles, the longer the run the faster the miles get. its kinda strange.
 ^15 weeks^

^20 weeks^




You may also like

1 comment:

  1. If fun hearing the differences! I remember being sooo tired when I was pregnant with Haylee. I couldn't get up before 8 and I was dead to the world by 9 that night. When we get pregnant again, I cant wait to see if there's a difference; especially with the morning sickness.
    Congrats again & good luck!

    ReplyDelete