little things

/
2 Comments
I really haven't found a good time to sit down each day and let my fingers type, but it is so nice to look back on previous experiences and adventures and relive them, so I will keep trying. 
It's 8:45 pm and I just finished vacuuming and still haven't eaten dinner so I'm making tonight's post quick, but it's filled with little things to remember.

- I finally got a fiddle leaf fig plant. If you've ever looked through my Pinterest you know it's been high on my love list but they usually run a $100/ piece which just doesn't seem right right now. Well today Home Depot and smaller ones for $15. I called Brice, replanted it, and have been loving on it since.


- I joined Rover (a dog walking app) and am making $15 for every 30 minute walk  I take with someone else's dog. The kids love it and it's easy and nice to be paid to be out walking.
https://www.rover.com/

- It's a big bummer Hazel has to wait another year for Kindergarten. I wouldn't want to send her to the school we're zoned for- but she is ready and eager and so am I for a little break. I'm sure this time next year I will be so sad that it's time- but right now I need some time not answering 1000 questions an hour.

- Everyday Hazel asks how something is made, or why the laws are the way they are, or what certain occupations do all day. I need to get a little more prepared and do some professional visits and let her learn hands on.

- Henry has swimmer's ear- which is no surprise with how often we are in the pool, splash pad, or bathtub. Brice was rolling around with him on the floor the other morning (before we knew about his ear) and I guess he bonked Henry's sensitive ear just right because he cried and cried for 10 minutes. It was so sad.

- Brice worked for two weeks straight to build a website so you could figure out your best TV options to watch the sports game you we're interested in. Well guess what- he's making some money on it now... $9 and counting! Pass it on...

- 25 diapers left and I'm ready to give potty training a chance again. He's still pooping on the potty everyday so we didn't lose it all.

- I thought for sure we would have moved this summer, but since we didn't I've got a few projects to freshen up our apartment. Brice is happy to make some sawdust.

- Hazel is signed up for soccer this fall. It's one practice and one game each week for 7 weeks. 
She's mostly excited about having a coach and cleats. 


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if you have a Montessori school nearby? We love it! They have "pre K" (early childhood) for as young as 3 or 4, I think? It's a very hands on learning school and once she hits 1st grade, she'll have the same teacher for 3 years, then 4th grade she'll get a new teacher for the next 3 years. Our Montessori school also has an attached Jr High (they're breaking ground on the official buildings next month, they're currently in portables), but I don't know if all of them have a Jr High. Not changing teachers every year is amazing. Brianna is absolutely excelling at school (she has always done above average, but now she's doing super above average) now that she can go as fast or slow as she wants, because the teacher can get her the work she needs to keep going, where as at our old school, the teacher couldn't give her anything harder than what was being done in class. They also encouraging reading. Brianna already reads and comprehends at Jr High levels (that was at the end of LAST school year -2nd grade-), and she just keeps going. She's started "tutoring" (reading with) the younger kids in her class and the ones who have special needs. (I could seriously go on and on and on about the Montessori schools). We have to drive them to school every day ( it's only 3 miles away), but honestly, I'd drive for half an hour or more every day, just to get them to this school. It's been wonderful. Alex is having a rough time with it, but that's just school in general, not the schools teaching methods. He's been in the "I hate school" mindset since 5th grade or something.

    ReplyDelete